Unleashing Productivity – The Key to Sustaining Inclusive Growth
This event will discuss the global productivity slump, a challenge facing advanced, emerging and developing economies alike. What has caused the current slowdown in productivity growth isn’t fully understood, yet, accelerating productivity growth remains key to sustaining inclusive growth. With no consensus on either the causes of the current decline or the actions to address it, there is much debate on the subject. This panel discussion brings together senior policymakers and policy analysts from a range of developing countries to talk about what has been and can be done to boost productivity.
The event will be streamed using the World Bank Live platform and will also be live-tweeted from East Asia Pacific’s twitter account, @WB_AsiaPacific. The livestream and the event replay usually draw several thousand viewers around the world. For more details, please visit the official event page: http://live.worldbank.org/unleashing-productivity.
- Hon. Sri Mulyani Indrawati, Minister of Finance, Indonesia
- Hon. Santiago Peña, Finance Minister, Paraguay
- Dato’ Sri Idris Jala, Advisor to the Prime Minister on National Transformation Programme and CEO, Performance Management and Delivery Unit (PEMANDU), Malaysia
- Hon. Bambang Brodjonegoro, Minister of National Development Planning (BAPPENAS), Indonesia
- Prof. Danny Leipziger, George Washington School of Business and Managing Director of the Growth Dialogue
- Victoria Kwakwa, Vice President, East Asia Pacific Region, World Bank
- Rachelle Akuffo, Anchor, Global Business, China Global Television Network